Day 6 (6/25/21): Long Day Driving

This morning I woke up, once again, at 6:00 a.m. I wanted to be on the road by 7:00 because it was going to be a long day of driving. According to Google maps, it was an 8-hour drive to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. However, an 8-hour drive to Google maps is more like a 12-hour drive if you include stops and the fact that I don't go 75 mph. I hit the road, and listened to some music while I finish my coffee to wake up. I stopped at a gas station on my way as a quick break. Then, I found a park somewhere in North Dakota to stop for lunch. I went for a 30-minute walk and then made a picnic lunch.



Afterwards, I went and got gas and was back on the road. I finished my audiobook, Educated by Tara Westover. It was a very interesting listen. I think I want to read the book too. I definitely missed some pieces and small details with listening to it while driving. Three hours after lunch, I stopped once more at another rest stop to stretch my legs. Then, I had 2 hours left. I was going to spend the night at a rest stop nearby to the Painted Rocks visitor center at Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I made it there around 6:45 p.m., Mountain time. This meant that I had been traveling for 12 hours and 45 minutes in total. I made dinner, which was heated up leftover homemade ramen. Then, I went out to watch the sunset, which was beautiful. 


This was definitely the prettiest rest stop that I had ever been to. It would also be the first one that I stay the night at. It seemed it was popular to do too, as there were several other RVs there. After watching the sunset, I went to bed early. I was wiped from a long day of driving. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 18 (4/12/21): Mammoth Cave National Park