Day 4 (6/23/21): Minnesota

This morning, I woke up at the campsite, again at 6:00 a.m., to get ready and try and hit the road by 7:00 a.m. I got myself ready and left the campsite by about 7:00 a.m. I even saw the sunrise. Which was funny, seeing as I had just seen the sunset. 


I mapped out my route and hit the road. I had another long day driving to Northern Minnesota. I stopped in Ashland, Wisconsin for a quick break to go for a small walk and stretch the legs. Then, I continued on to Duluth where I spent my lunch break. I went to the canal Point Park, which my friend Sarah had recommended to me for lunch. It was a great place to enjoy the seashore and have lunch and go for a walk. There was even a beautiful sandy beach, which tempted me to go swimming! Especially since it was hot, around 88°. However, I didn't want to be sandy or wet for the rest of my three hour drive that was remaining. So I continued on. I went north, stopping to get groceries on my way, and arrived at my Boondockers host and international falls, Minnesota. They were very kind and have a lovely house on a lake. Per usual, I made dinner and got ready for bed. Since I lost an hour and am now on central time, it was nice to get to bed early. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 18 (4/12/21): Mammoth Cave National Park