Accepting the Unexpected

Today I felt more of a calm sense about the whole break down situation. Was I panicked, upset, or stressed about the situation? No. But am I happy that my trip has been delayed five days and I should have been snowboarding tomorrow but I'm not? Of course not. But it is what it is and I can't do anything about it. Being mad or upset won't change it or help anything. So instead, I've accepted it. My trip will go on and I will figure it out as it goes. And honestly, I am so proud of myself and how I handled the whole situation. I've been working on myself a lot lately and how I allow situations to impact me and my emotions. Staying level headed throughout this situation has definitely proven that. I was definitely running on adrenaline the last three days. But I remained level headed and not once let any emotions get in the way of being able to take care of the situation. 

So onto today...

Today we slept in, had a delicious breakfast, and took it easy. We helped our family's family where we are parked do some gardening. Then went for a walk to do some errands. Just in time before it... SNOWED! It went from spring (pictured below) to winter, real quick. 


The snow didn't stay long or stick. But there are winds up to 50mph expected tonight. I put the jacks down earlier today in anticipation of that. Now, we are cozied up inside with the heaters on, reading, and enjoying some down time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 18 (4/12/21): Mammoth Cave National Park