Day 10 (6/29/21): Crossing Wyoming

I woke up at the rock-climbing camping area and left early. Today, I would be making my way across all of Wyoming, including the Continental Divide, over to Grand Tetons National Park. On my way out that morning, I also wanted to stop at a campground to pump out. I wanted to be as light as possible crossing the continental divide. 

It was a long day driving. I stopped for somewhere in the middle for gas and to check the oil. It had been low during this trip. I had first noticed it in Michigan. I think it is because I’m fully loaded with all my stuff for moving, so my truck is burning more oil. I stopped to pick up another quart, checked the levels, and topped it off.  I was nervous about crossing the continental divide with the truck this loaded, but we made it; slow and steady. 


When I arrived outside of Grand Teton NP, I found a camping area, but most of the spots were taken, so I kept going up the road, further up the mountain. On my way, I passed a ranger who suggested I go about 3 more miles, past a camper on the left, around a corner, with a campsite in the distance, and then I would see an empty site next to them. It took me a little bit, going slow and steady. I was nervous I would pass it or go too far. My biggest concern was being able to turn around on narrow mountain roads by myself. But eventually I found it! WAY up there.

It has beautiful views of the mountains! I was completely alone with not a single soul in sight. I made a small happy hour and some dinner, then sat outside to enjoy the view. But I didn’t want to sit out with food for too long, as I know there are also bears in these mountains. Once it was dark, I headed back inside the camper and got ready for bed. I am so excited to be going to Grand Teton National Park tomorrow!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 18 (4/12/21): Mammoth Cave National Park